Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashlee


WoW AshLeE ThE BiG 25



So many years I knew you, this life we used to share

My dreams still keep you with me, each night I see you there.

So young, enthused, so full of hope, that’s how you'll always be

Just as you were, a little girl, growing up with me.



I miss you though, I can't deny, my heart still longs for you.

To really see your smile again, a friend so real and true.

But missing you, it keeps you near, I never will forget.

The truest friend, my angel, smiling still - I bet.



So here we are, the thoughts of you and memories start to flow

The day your short life started, so many years ago.

This day that brought an angel down, and blessed us with her grace

In all our hearts, my sweetest friend, you'll always keep your place.



I saw this poem on my friends blog and I had to share it.
Because it is how I truly feel it sums everything up and I love it.
I miss her like crazy but I know that she is where she needs to be
And she is always with me!!! I love you Ash!!!

4 comments:

Lacy said...

Wow what an awesome poem. Your sister looks so much like you. I was touched by your post. Isnt it so great knowing we can be with loved ones again? Hey, Dj and I are coming down that way in couple weeks for an anniversary getaway (we'll actually vegas but we'll be going through there) so we should try and meet up for lunch or something.

Hills said...

Sure got me choked up, what a beautiful poem and how perfect you can relate to it. I sure love ya Steph! Here's to Forever Families! ;)

Hayden and Kelly said...

That's an amazing poem Steph! It made me cry! I know you miss her sooo much. I am so excited for the day that you will see her beautiful face again! Love you! Miss you!

Sarah Jimenez said...

What a beautiful poem. Your sister is beautiful and looks so much like you. How blessed we are to have the gospel and to KNOW that families are FOREVER.